Welcome to the Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch your Back

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Machiavelli's Office

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Machiavelli's Office Empty
PostSubject: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Head Psychologist and Student Counsellor

Niccolo Machiavellis' office is large and on the second floor. It is bright with large windows, wood panelled along the three walls but barely seen as the walls are covered in bookcases. they are stuffed with reference books bar one that has several copies of his own works and awards.

His desk is large and antique with 2 lockable cabinets to the rear. a grandfather clock tolls away the time next to them. A traditional bankers lamp with green glass shade stands on the right hand corner, on the left a brass stand holds some expensive pens. no paperwork is visible.

The seating is sparse with a leather office chair behind the desk, opposite is an uncomfortable looking wooden chair and under one of the windows an elegant sofa.
A trolley next to the sofa holds a coffee maker and all the extras.

The door is wooden with a frosted glass pane and standard lock
Back to top Go down
https://assassinsuni.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:02 pm

Niccolo sighed as he unlocked the door to his office, he hated the first day of term and all the stupid new students asking annoying questions. sometimes he wondered why he'd accepted the extra responsibility of being a counsellor.

The office was spotless as he'd expected. His cleaning service had done their usual excellent job and kept it dust free for the 4 weeks holiday he'd been granted. He pressed a button on a keyring and the window blinds opened slowly making the room light up.

closing the door quietly and hoping he hadn't been spotted he made his way over to his chair and rested a moment. All looked in order and the locks on the desk secure. he surveyed his office and wondered if he needed to order in some coffee, his eyes wandered over to the machine and did a double take. A small childs pink rabbit toy was perched inside his favourite mug . . .
O dear GOD! La VOLPE! He'd kill the bastard...HOW had he managed to get in here?
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 2:52 pm

The corridors still seemed pretty quiet at this time, save for the few zombie-like staff members who clearly had gotten too used to sleeping in over the holidays, and a handful of terribly eager students who looked like they’d just entered a new realm of existence. Oh, new students.. How fun they were.

Holding onto a small bag and avoiding contact with any freshman, La Volpe melodically whistled through the corridors; it was more fun letting students panic, they learned faster that way…. They learned that high school teachers and university professors were comparative to a slapped wrist and full on psychological warfare.. There were seriously some professors here that you didn’t want to piss off.

Turning down a corridor, the whistling ceased as the older, somewhat eccentric man approached a certain counsellors door… Talking of warfare…. Quietly he leaned close into the door, avoiding the glass pane… He thought he heard a small rustling and decided it was best not to ‘interrupt’.

Carefully reaching into the bag, he pulled out a small black foil bag and placed it on the ground; the label read “Lavazza Caffe Espresso”. Soon it was joined by a small box of unbranded indigestion tablets.

Firmly he knocked on the door before swiftly making haste down the corridor and around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 3:01 pm

A shadow at the door caught his eye for a second away from that pink abomination and then there was a knock. O really? Already? he really couldn't handle a weeping student this early in the day and debated ignoring it.

Sadly his brain told him to get up and answer it. Pushing the chair back he stalked over and wrenched the door open.
There was no one there...
DAMNIT

Pranks already. Niccolo took a step forward the toe of his shoe banging against something. Looking down he saw a small bag of something suspect and a box of rennies.
Nudging the bag over gently, just in case, he saw that it was coffee. He gritted his teeth, right eyelid twitching and grabbed the delivery and slammed the door behind him muttering. He was going to kill La Volpe for this. At least he'd brought decent coffee.

Grumbling about getting an ulcer and stress headache he flung the pink abomination accross the room and wiped his cup. Making a good cup of strong black coffee, he dropped the rennies in the empty bin and stalked back to his desk in a foul mood.

Unlocking his desk he dragged out some papers and began to work while his drink cooled. La Volpe, may every sock you wear be slightly twisted, just enough to be uncomfortable....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Two new students whining and one previous client later Machiavelli was deep into his gloom. He hated the first week back and all the children unable to let go of the apron strings. He often wondered if he should go into private practice, the money and hours would be better but then the Brotherhood would suffer from his absence all the time. He took his responsibilities seriously and had abandoned many personal goals to put them first.

With a sigh he decided a coffee was in order and at least Gilberto had left a decent brand for him. As the machine was doing what it was designed for, the packet in the bin caught his eye. Damnit, he fished out the indigestion pills and opened them up and crunched his way through almost half a strip before the coffee was finally ready.
Ahh esspresso, dark and black, just like his mood.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Stopping outside Niccolo Machiavelli’s office, he straightened himself up and briefly tapped on the door… “Niccolo?...” He turned the handle and entered, shutting the door behind him.

“”Hmm.. Enjoying the coffee I see..” He nodded toward the other mans mug… “Hope I got the right kind. You struck me as a Lavazza Espresso kind of man.. Strong and a bit bitter."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:34 pm

"o Just GREAT! what the hell do you want La Volpe?"
Machiavelli grumbled but didn't kick the other man out and headed to his chair.
Sitting, he put the small coffee on the desk to cool and leaned back, head lolling as he rubbed his eyes
"have a coffee if you want"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:52 pm

“I think I’ll pass, I can’t drink that poison..” La Volpe’s took a seat and studied his surroundings, noticing the half empty strip of Rennies.. “You know that coffee contributes to heartburn, right? You should think about changing your diet.. Maybe try drinking some green tea or cocoa on occasion.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:55 pm

"Whatever. Did you come here just especially to torment me or was this just a passing fancy?"
He sighed but still sat back with his eyes closed. he hadn't been sleeping properly these last few weeks and it was beginning to show. Was an hours peace too much to ask for. His workload was already triple that of a normal professor and he had hardly any time to relax.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:01 pm

"Torment? What ever do you mean, Niccolo? I thought I'd merely stop by to see how you were doing." Lying came so easily to La Volpe, even if he made no effort to sound convincing.

"It's been a short while since we last spoke and I'm sure we have a lot to catch up on." He sat back comfortably in his chair, legs crossed; ankle over knee.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:07 pm

"i was forced to spend 4 weeks in london teaching novices as a holiday and then i get back here only to find Giovanni has been sent away on business, the previous head of psycholgy resigned with no notice yesterday, AND i have two other jobs to do. There, caught up, now go away." he was so tired he even added, "please." something he would normally never do with La Volpe. He also hoped that his next scheduled appointment cancelled or fell off a bridge or something.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:20 pm

"Ah yes, Giovanni is trying to reach an 'amicable agreement' concerning our cause, but I have to question if that's the wisest of ideas... Although, I trust he will do right in the end." La Volpe greatly respected and trusted the Auditore family, but his opinion on this matter was that the opposition in question was better off incapacitated, or rather.. dead.

"Talking of an Auditore...Is everyone aware of the meeting tonight?" The older man completely brushed aside Machiavelli's request that he leave.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:27 pm

"you're not going to leave are you?" Niccolo sighed.
"everyone who needs to be there is informed and if they're not there, then that's not my problem. the presentation is ready, and unfortunately we have a few problem students to keep an eye out for. God, why isn't it friday yet?" he groaned and put his head in his hands before reaching out for the small cup of espresso and taking a sip. it was dark and bitter like his mood. "o and we will have BOTH of the Auditore siblings there tonight, even if Giovanni can't be there. We'll see how well their training has progressed i suppose."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:36 pm

"Nope... I have a while before my next class is to arrive." Niccolo clearly needed to vent, but La Volpe wasn't that sort of person, so a distraction would have to do.

"I'm keeping an eye out and have my men watching out for any suspicious new students... And staff members for that matter..." La Volpe looked mildly troubled.. "It's the latter that troubles me the most.."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:43 pm

"Staff? what staff? No one told me about any staff. Merde, will this day just keep spiralling into the dirt?" he downed the coffee and dragged out his laptop from his briefcase, turning it quickly on.
After 3 stages of security he was there and logging onto the university network "who are they? do we have any dossiers on them? what about other information?"
He was quickly all business even if his personal day was disintegrating around him.
The was a quiet knock on the door "GO AWAY and DON'T COME BACK he yelled as he typed, "Gil, what do we know about these people, the students were a big enough threat let alone anyone else we have to security check"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Machiavelli's sudden turn around in attitude made La Volpe smile, but the knock at the door irritated him slightly... He listened out to make sure he heard footsteps leaving before he continued.

"Yes... I've made sure to have extensive checks run on all new staff members.. Notably, three stand out.." He spoke quietly, but not quite a whisper.. "The new Religious Studies teacher, Rodrigo Borgia, has an interesting back ground... He really does seem to be quite the religious man on the surface, but he seems to be using it as a bit of ploy to cover his bad dealings."

Leaning forwards onto the desk, he continued.. "The second is a Francesco De Pazzi who has rather obvious ties to Abstergo Industries.. He has a bit of wealth, but seems to be very much a pawn.... The one that concerns me the most however, is the new director; Rashid ad-Din Sinan.."

He sat back again, looking a little bit irked.. "There's something not right about him.. He's a hard man to trace.. It's just.. Off.."

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 10:25 pm

"I'll see what i can drag out from my side, bring all you have tonight and we'll see if anything correlates. I don't like this. they might be making an unprecedented move, we need to be on guard and prepared, i'll not have us caught out. The safe house is fully prepped should it be required."
his mobile on the desk rang and he absently threw it against a bookcase shattering it.
"bloody things" he muttered and carried on typing. "we need to let everyone know as soon as possible, i have a direct way to message Giovanni but i'm not sure about anyone else, if you can contact anyone please do so and we'll get to business later."
he hammered away at the keyboard and swigged down the last of the espresso dregs, surprised it had all gone and glared at it a moment before realising he wasn't alone, "you're still here?"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 11:22 pm

"They'll not catch us out, Niccolo.. We have many valuable allies to aid us... And a few sharp minds to keep our wits." La Volpe watched the phone fly without so much as a blink; not much surprised him anymore... Especially with Machiavelli's temperament.

"Rude...." La Volpe stood up... "It just so happens my class is starting shortly, so I'll leave you to sit under your little rain cloud..." He peered down at the younger man, shaking his head... "I'll bring what I can later.. And hopefully some new information.." Certainly some new information, since he intended to personally pay Francesco a visit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Niccolo waved a hand and continued typing and ignored anyone else who knocked that afternoon. he missed lunch but that wasn't unusual, especially when caught up in something that interested him.
He emailed and delegated as much work as he could to avoid people and decided that he'd finally make use of the secretary the faculty constantly complained he never used. this was war and something he was practised in, and the smallest amount of work he physically had to do the better.
The day although crap was at least mildly interesting.

Although his foul mood continued all day, it wasn't helped when he managed a few moments to open his post. The letter was finally here. His divorce from Marietta was finalised. It was over between them in a legal sense. He sighed, they’d never been more than friends and it had always been a mistake for them both getting married so young but now he was legally free although still friends with her and her children. Maybe he might finally be able to move on. Time for some payback now though. He eyed up that stuffed toy in the corner of the room lying next to shards of broken mobile phone and had an idea.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:48 pm

MORNING 2

He was late. He hated being late but it couldn't be helped, he pushed his way to his office through milling students and had to apologise to 2 appointments that he'd almost missed.
Quickly putting his bags safely away he quickly dealt with both appointments before he managed to log in. Relief crossed his face as he saw a message on the computer from Giovanni saying he was returned now and that part of his duty could be handed back. Thank God if he exists, Niccolo thought, now at least some pressure would be off him as mentor of the order. Maybe Gil was right, he'd been doing too much and just needed some time for himself.

Gil...o no. That was going to be problematic, after all, hadn't he bailed without explanation on the guy? But then, would a man famous for his one night stands and flings really care about such things. Glancing at the clock he had a small idea, try and keep things as they had been between them might be an answer and google had helpfully supplied an easy prank the other day. There was just enough time to carry it out before anyone arrived for first lectures. Hastily locking his office door he hurried down to La Vopes Lab.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 2:49 pm

With a yawn Niccolo returned back to his office. Working was difficult, today was a counselling day and the morning was filled with annoying little whiny brats who thought therapy was an accessory to their ‘lifestyle’ only one of them really had a problem with depression and Niccolo helped him as best he could to cope. Sadly the ones who really needed help often slipped through the cracks and those he could catch he did his upmost to help.

It was uncomfortable to be spending so long sat down when his arse and back hurt so badly but he didn’t want to take any pills for it till later. They made him sleepy and he couldn’t afford to rest.
La Volpe had a lot to answer for, especially as he’d forked out to have 2 extra locks put on his office door as well because of Gils’ breaking and entering habits.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:11 pm

With a smug smile on his face, La Volpe stood outside Machiavelli's office with a cafe bought caramel latte.. He had no shame and Niccolo wasn't going to win this one, not ever.

Clearing his throat, he knocked on the door, not saying a word.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:57 pm

Niccolo was busy typing and frowned at the knock. He wasn't expecting anyone until last thing this afternoon.
He wanted to tell whoever it was to go away but decided against it, just in case.
"come in."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:29 am

Pushing the door open with a smile, La Volpe peered his head around the corner.. "Good morning, good morning~" He held his coffee in plain sight as he entered the room.

"I figured I'd stop by, since you ditched me this morning.." He acted like normal.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:43 am

Niccolo turned bright red, he mumbled an apology and couldn't meet Gil's eyes "c'min if you absolutely have to"
He noticed the coffee, damn it meant he probably hadn't had some in the science room. Damnit, ah well he had something else planned for another day.
He couldn't exactly tell La Volpe to piss off, it wasn't good manners...especially after sleeping with someone and then more or less running off in the morning. He felt he owed an apology or explanation or something and was totally embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office Empty

Back to top Go down

Machiavelli's Office
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next