Welcome to the Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch your Back

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Machiavelli's Office

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:06 pm

"you believe that assassins are harassing your family? it is natural to be concerned for your kin, why do you believe this? do you have evidence?"

Niccolo was slightly bored of this tiptoeing around but it was a usual occurrence with Juan Borgia.
"please, help yourself to coffee, i'm afraid i don't have anything else at the moment."
Back to top Go down
https://assassinsuni.forumotion.co.uk
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:15 pm

"Oh now, don't be silly, I know I don't need to explain this to you.. It's something you know perfectly well... You don't have to be shy." These sessions did Juan's head in, there never went anywhere, no matter how much he pushed the bastard. "How did Mr. Auditore's trip to Italy go? Did he find what he wanted? I hear he stopped in Monteriggioni for a short stay? Must have be nice visiting family.." He smiled sickly sweet.

Jumping up, he decided to make himself a coffee as offered.. "Want one? I promise I won't poison it.. I left the cantarella at home "

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:19 pm

"Why are you so interested in the movements of a students father? or is it that you have classes with him? it seems a strange thing to be interested in.."

O hell. they'd kept tabs on the Mentor, he must let Giovanni know as soon as Juan left the office so that he would be warned and could let Mario know to be on guard as well. He struggled to keep his face calm and neutral.
"No, thank you, i had one earlier."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:32 pm

Juan sighed as he stirred his coffee and sat back down. "Tell me Machiavelli, would you still treat me the same outside of uni hours? Or would we be enemies? I mean, I think we're enemies now, but you're staying very professional. It's admirable.." .. After taking a sip of coffee, he put the mug on the desk.

"It's also really fucking annoying and boring, I don't even get why the fuck I'm here..." Now he was just getting even more irritable.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:40 pm

"At this particular moment Juan, you are a client, i am obliged to be professional at all times. There IS a code of conduct i have to abide by. I have to keep confidentiality at all times. I am also a tutor at this university and you are a student, therefore i also in that respect have a code of conduct to abide by. What would you like me to say?"
He leaned forward paying attention.
"You seem to be goading me towards saying something? letting something slip? What do you want me to say? As to why you are here, you know very well that several tutors have complained about your state of mind in class, IF you go to class, and even your father is concerned about the state of your health."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:58 pm

"Blah, blah, blah..." Juan drawled the sounds out. It felt like he was just a pawn in all this and it rubbed him the wrong way to be treated like this.

"Codes. Rules. Obligations. Don't you find the rigidity of it all so restricting and annoying? Just being around people like you pisses me off, I swear. As for my 'state of mind' as you so put it, am I to believe any of these people actually give a rats ass about me? Or do they just find my behaviour unreasonable? Because quite frankly, I don't care..." He shrugged and swung back on his chair again..

"It's nice for you to show fake concern for my wellbeing, but I'll have you know, it's neither needed or wanted..Nor flattering, to be honest.. So why don't we talk like grown ups? I have information you want and you have information I want, so why don't we barter for it?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

"Juan, you're here on the recommendation of several people. Don't you think that there might be a reason for that? Or that you need to take a look at yourself and there is a serious problem?"

this guy seemed well screwed up an was doing all he could to avoid the topic of his problems. trying to distract him, and it was difficult to keep focused without being eager to just mine him for information.

"I don't show fake concern for anyone. I AM concerned for your well being and the well being of those around you."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:12 pm

"Tch.." Crossing him arms, Juan was slightly pissed off that he couldn't get a rise out of the other man, but it was always like this; he had just kind of hoped the information would have swayed him.

"Sure.. It's nothing to do with the fact you're paid to do it." Landing the chair back on all fours with a thunk, he picked up his coffee again, now holding it as he occasionally took a sip.

"And what makes you think I am going to share my troubles with you? And give you information about my family.. I don't need help, and certainly not from the likes of your kind.." His voice took on a more bitter threatening tone now.

"... You can tell me you're genuine all day, but there's nothing in your words that I believe for a second." There seemed to be more to this man than met the eye and Juan didn't like that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:21 pm

"yes i am paid to be a counsellor. I have studied and trained to do that for some time. And i am doing my job. You seem to have a lot of trouble trusting people. Why is that?"
Interesting...
"I only know what you choose to tell me. i'm hardly interrogating you each session." he opened his hands, "Counselling is about YOU. not me"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:39 pm

"Congratulations on your role as a functional adult in society..." Huffing, Juan looked around the room, getting more and more riled up. If he had a dagger, he would gladly lunge at this man right now; win or fucking lose.

"I'll be honest with you.. I would rather beat my head against a fucking brick wall than be sat in front of a piece of shit assassin who's pretending to 'help' me... The only reason I'm here is because my father insisted for whatever fucking purpose.." Standing up, he put his cup down and leaned over the desk on both hands.. "You can paint this shit with all the fucking colours of the rainbow if you want, but what this boils down to is you're an assassin and I'm of the Templar order, none of your fancy civilian titles will change that.. So give me a goddamned fucking break about trusting people, you hypocritical piece of shit.." By the end of the speech he was practically growling.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Machiavelli just stared at Juan. God this kid had some balls openly talking about the order and the Brotherhood, that could get him killed.
"i'm sorry that you feel that way. I AM just doing my job here, AND the codes of conduct mean i am NOT a hypocrite. An appointment was made for you and you turned up. I have no control over any of that. You chose to be here so you must either feel an obligation to your father or feel a need to talk to someone. either way you came here of your own free will. You can leave at any time. I'm not forcing you to be here in any way."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:06 pm

This was all such a ballache. He was guilted into coming here, but for what purpose exactly? It all seemed perfectly pointless.

Glaring down his nose at the older man, Juan decided it was time to quit, fuck what his father thought. "Very well then, but rest assured, we'll meet outside this environment and I look forward to it..." Turning on his heel, Juan abruptly left the office; the way people kept treating him was truly starting to fuck him off and it was about time he did something about it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:22 pm

Niccolo made up his notes after Juan left. He obviously needed help but he didn't seem to think he had a problem. Hopefully he'd come back again some time and at least realise that he was only trying to help.
He'd tell Roderigo Borgia that his son had stayed the full session though. the kid didn't need that arsehole of a father on his case. He also hoped that he'd turn up at the next Fencing club meeting. Sadly tonight's was cancelled.

Luckily that was work done for the day. He texted his Ex to find out how Prima was, then let Giovanni telling him he'd been followed to Italy and even Monteriggioni and the family home and to be extra careful until they could talk and verify information.
Grateful to be done for the day he packed his 3 bags and made his way home.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Leading the way to Niccolo's office with Arno in tow, La Volpe stopped outside the door. "Knock. Knock." Opening the door without really knocking or waiting for a reply, he entered.

"One Mr. Arno Dorian as per your request." Never mind the fact he wasn't asked to bring him over or to attend the meeting, but the kid needed some help here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Niccolo was behind his desk as usual, one hand on a book, the other on the keyboard of his laptop. He glanced up with a scowl on his face, "Gil? What are you doing here? I thought you had class? Where is Dorian?"
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Appearing from behind the doorway, stepping past La Volpe, Arno smiled hesitantly. "Right here, mentor." He moved to stand in front of the man's desk, arms tense at his sides.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:11 pm

"I don't have class until just before lunch today..Plus, I figured I could be of assistance.... To at least one of you." The one of them being Arno on this very occasion and La Volpe figured Niccolo would probably recognise that.

As much as he'd like to deal with this, it was better handled by the younger man; he'd let him speak first.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Machiavelli scowled at the student who wasn't that much younger than himself. "You have to put your sticky fingers in everything don't you La Volpe?" He didn't even look at the man in case he'd start blushing or some thing equally stupid. "Fine, sit down Mr Dorian" he snapped before closing the book and laptop and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Your mission to the museum, what are you not telling us? Tell me everything you can remember, no matter how trivial you think it might be, no matter how irrelevant you think it might be." He laced his fingers together and leaned forward, "DO NOT lie to me."
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Arno watched the interaction between his two mentors before straightening, taking a seat across from Machiavelli. Once seated, he nodded hesitantly, recalling every detail of that night. How he had met Napoleon, how they had helped eachother and found what they each had sought out after.

Arno had found his information and disposed of it, and Napoleon had came across whatever it was he had been searching for. He admitted to the mentors that he had been as cautious as he had been trained to upon the first encounter but had let his guard slip after once he realised Napoleon was not there to cause harm. He recounted that CCTV had been shut off by the older man, and that Arno had taken care of the security guards, he then explained they had escaped together and parted ways once they had resurfaced.

"That's all I know mentor, I apologise if I missed detail, but he was not a significant threat." He glanced over to La Volpe briefly, then returned his gaze to Mahiavelli.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Niccolo was pissed, not one single mention of the piece of Eden, or any other interesting artifact. Could Dorian be lying and have the piece himself, waiting to see who the highest bidder would be? And this Napoleon man, what had he been up to, if Dorian really didn't have it, then maybe this character did, whom the hell was he anyway, a Templar?

Scowling as he thought, "Where is the piece of Eden? Where is this man now? TELL ME." His voice was like ice.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Having sat on the sofa behind then both, La Volpe simply listened for sometime before interrupting. "So, I'd assume this Napoleon took the piece of Eden. He sounds like a smart enough thief, but I can't say I've ever heard of him." Usually he had some sort of knowledge on the subject, but absolutely nothing this time.

"You're presuming he knows, Niccolo, he understands the tenets of the creed. Do you know anything else or not?" La Volpe 's voice was a lot warmer than the other man's and he hoped this would put Arno at ease. There was no sense in scaring him.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Arno observed the man in front of him as he was thinking, almost anticipating the reacting he received. Remaining calm, he listened as La Volpe stepped in. Sighing he shook his head. "I know nothing else."

He turned his attention back to Machiavelli now, hoping the other would believe him. His thoughts drifted to Napoleon. Did the older man take something important to the Creed? No, he can't have. I was right there with him. Surely he can't have taken something of such importance. Could he?

Whatever this Piece of Eden was, Arno would have to keep an eye out. He and Napoleon had been together just short of a day and already the odds were against them. What if he has taken it? Does he know who I am? Or rather what I am.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Leaning back in his chair Machiavelli ran his hands through his hair in thought. He glared at LaVolpe, HW could he NOT know about this mysterious player in the game? Gil more or less knew everything, but maybe this was just the start, a new lead. He wasn't quite sure whether he should trust this new student so with caution he began "The piece of Eden was at the museum to be studied, once authenticated we were going to make a deal with the finder."

He paused to let the words sink in. "You do know what the pieces of Eden are, don't you? " La Volpe told him to be a bit more trusting and to delegate more, maybe this was time for an experiment.

Voice slightly calmer now he continued,  "I want you to find out anything you can about the thief at the museum, find out if he took it or we're looking for someone else. If it is him, then I want you to make tentative negotiations for it, find out what he wants."

Feeling slightly unsure he glanced at Gil to back him up or tell him he was an idiot and had ballsed this up.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Noticing the glance, La Volpe gave an approving nod. "Sounds like your next big task Arno. Not bad for a Newby." He laughed. The older man liked to keep on good terms with all the recruits, it was genuine support when they needed it and an ear to the wall when they were unaware. In this instance, he was hoping he could genuinely support Arno.

"Just keep us updated~" Either way, he'd be looking into this himsd too. It was quite intriguing.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Nodding, Arno stood. "Of course, mentors. I'll do my best", he smiled to La Volpe as he turned to leave, trying his best to keep his mind clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machiavelli's Office   Machiavelli's Office - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machiavelli's Office
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next