Welcome to the Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch your Back

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Eagle Cafe

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Welcome friends!
Our Campus Cafe is a place for students and teachers alike to relax and enjoy something delightful from our menu. We have a heavenly variety of drinks, maybe you'd prefer something to eat? Perhaps sit in as our gorgeous baristas cater to your needs? All food is freshly prepared to perfection, our cafe lattes are to die for, all coffee beans are freshly ground. We serve to please for all dietary needs, no request is too much for our dear guests, here at the Eagle Cafe!

Please speak to our Manager for job vacancy requests.
Back to top Go down
https://assassinsuni.forumotion.co.uk
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Pulling his apron on, Altair glared at the counter as he prepared the first official coffee of the semester as his boss put it. He'd finished most of his lessons for the day and was getting on with his shift at the campus cafe.

He glanced over his shoulder at the lady who stood behind the counter, smiling sweetly at him at first. He asked if she would like sugar? A perfectly normal question to ask you would think. Her answer was spouting some nonsense about 'being sweet enough'and then making some awful comment on how 'looking at you is sending me into a sugar high'. It was offensive to his ears listening to this. Though, the next time he glanced over her expression had changed to that of fear. Shrugging, he moved closer, placing her cup down. She shivered then scurried off, leaving him no tip.

He returned to his post once again, grinding up more coffee beans with all the force of a grumpy lion. He didn't realise his glare was in fact quite intense and struck fear into most people.

He looked up as he heard the sound if the bell above the door ringnliudly, signalling the entry of more people. He spotted a small group of girls walking in as they giggled loudly to eachother, they didn't even come uo to the counter,  moving over to join a crowd of a few other boys and girls in the corner.  

It was who he spotted next that made his fists clench. Just outside the window of the shop stood Abbas Sofian. The man stared into the shop menacingly, straight at Altair. He remained there for no more than a minute before walking off.

Last edited by GrandAsster on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Having finished up his last class, Malik decided it was time for a short break and a coffee. Normally he would just head to the workshop to grab one, but if he remembered correctly, Altair was working down at the cafe today and it always amused him to see the other in an apron.

As he entered the building, his eyes scanned the room, taking in a group of fairly obnoxious customers in the corner. He could guarantee his partner would be in a grump, which he confirmed when he looked behind the bar at his scowling face.

"Having fun then?" He learned again the counter, a faint smirk toying at his lips as he looked the other up and down.

"Can I have a vanilla soya latte, no sass."
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Altair ground his teeth together as he served the crowd of teenagers. Sighing he went about cleaning the counters, thinking to himself. His first day back on the job and he'd been left practically alone. He had been one of the youngest working here so it made sense that some had left and gone on to better things.

He glanced towards the door as he heard someone come in, his shoulders, which had been tense, soon relaxed once he saw who it was. He sighed as the customers got impossibly louder.

Folding his arms over he stared at Malik, bot realising his scowl was deepening. He rolled his eyes at the older man. "Clearly so much fun...I'm so happy I could gauge out my own eyeballs, freeze them and serve them up in the iced tea", he muttered mostly to himself.

"Fine." He turned away for a moment, preparing the latte, he stretched a little, body contorting through his tight black slacks, red shirt and black apron. Once he finished he placed it in front of the other, dusting it with chocolate  "There. 3.45 please."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:17 pm

"It's nice to see you love this job as much as ever.. But I'm not feeling the new drink blend.." Malik watched the man make his coffee, shamelessly eyeing him up in the process. It was strange how good he looked in his uniform, but it was rare to see him in anything other than a hoodie.

"What, no wit? No sarcasm? I just get to have my coffee with no repercussion? I should ask for no sass more often." Looking down at his drink, he slid it closer to himself. Completely straight faced, he continued.. "I asked for a latte, not some confused bastard child of a cappuccino, novice.." The sprinkles didn't bother him in the slightest, it was just fun annoying the other..

Handing over the money, he took a sip of his coffee... "At least it tastes reasonable..."
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Altair's glare deepened, turning to Malik he huffed. "You looked like you needed the sugar", he mumbled at first then growled. He took the money gratefully. Leaning over the counter, he then took the cup from the other man, bringing it up to his mouth he licked the chocolate off slowly, eyes never leaving the other's. He then returned it to Malik. "There. All better..."

He spun around on his heel, finishing up the cleaning before removing his apron, glad his shift was almost finished. He leaned across the counter, watching the older man. "How have your classes been...heard anything about our targets?"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Watching the other violate his coffee with his tongue, Malik maintained an unimpressed expression; which was more difficult than it would seem. That tongue had given him many pleasurable nights.

"Tch...Idiot... " Taking his drink back, he frowned down at it before taking another sip.

"They've been okay, pretty uneventful..." Malik's demeanor seemed to change, he was suddenly more serious on the subject of their targets. "Not as of yet, I'm on my break, so was going to see if Kadar was free. See what he can tell us about Maria and generally get an idea of that situation. I'm sure she'll be a good target for him to start on, if we focus on the rest."

Taking another mouthful of the drink, he looked back over to Altair.. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Altair smirked a little at the others expression, though the latte soon put him off, it was too sweet for him. "You shouldn't be so picky then.."

Noting the change in Malik's behaviour, the younger man moved to sit near him now he'd finished. His expression returned to its usual stoic front. "That's a good idea. He'll do good with her, though fom what I read of her background she is pretty tough, he'll need to be extra careful in case she surprises us." He nodded in agreement, it would be best if they handled the rest.

He sighed. "Nothing really. Abbas passed by here again though." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 6:34 pm

"Yeah, she does sound skilled, but I'm hoping he can handle it in a way where he avoids finding that out first hand." Malik didn't want to be over protective of his brother, but sometimes he couldn't help it; he seemed so innocent most of the time.

"Again?.." He sighed. "Either he's up to something or he likes your face. Maybe we should start with him.. He seems the most suspicious."
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Nodding in agreement, Altair sat back in his seat for a moment. "He'll be okay, and as much as we don't want it to come to that I'm sure he could handle himself in a confrontation anyway. Have a bit more faith in the brat.", he shrugged. He wouldn't admit that he sometines worried for the kid too.

"Yup. I'm sure he's just being his usual asshole self. I've known him long enough to know when he's up to something..though we will start with him. He never did let go of that grudge he's held on me." He glanced at Malik out the corner of his eye.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 8:37 pm

"I do have faith, I just have worries as well... But I'm sure you're right."

Finishing up his coffee, he leaned back.. "Then we'll just have to 'help' him let go." Looks like they'd have their hands full with the people they were chosen to monitor.. Then there was Desmond and Robert De Sable.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Grunting in agreement, Altair stood. "We'll do our best...I'll stop them if I have to.", he muttered. They had a lot to deal with but they'd accomplish their mission. Altair would make sure of it.

"I'm heading back now. Last class then home."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Getting up as well, Malik tidied up after himself before grabbing Altair's arm, leaning in closely and whispering.. "Remember what you promised last night.." With the smallest of smirks, he turned and left the cafe.

It was nice having a short break with Altair, but work needed to be done. As he walked back towards the centre of the campus, he texted his brother. "Are you busy right now?"
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 11:10 am

Turning his head when the other grabbed his arm, he frowned in confusion then realisation. Pulling his arm away, his face tinged with hints of red, he nodded. Watching his partner leave, he also packed his things up then made his way to his final class, which just happened to be his physical training.

Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:41 pm

"I feel fine, I assure you. Just a bit tired is all." Napoleon happily followed alongside the younger man, completely unaware of his blushing cheeks.

"You are too kind, friend." The older man was certainly aware of Arno's fine looks; he'd found himself admiring them on several occasions, but it was his attitude and willfulness that caught his attention. It was rare to find someone so resolute in their ways, and although they seemed a hundred miles apart in most aspects, they both bore this similar quality. He knew that if Arno put his mind to something, he'd get it done with no excuses.

"Hit a sticking point have you? Perhaps you need a second opinion?"

Entering the cafe, Napoleon glanced around for a table tucked out the way. It was moderately busy with students trying to get an early start on their coursework, but plenty of seating space.

"As I said, I'm always around, should you want anything." Approaching the counter, the smaller man rummaged through his pockets pulling out a handful of coins before ordering a straight black filter coffee; the cheapest drink on the board.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 4:26 pm

As they entered the cafe, the younger smiled awkwardly to himself. He briefly thought about how he had met the other man. They had both been on guard that day, evidently in search of something specific. Arno had just about managed to complete his first task for the Brotherhood, in the wake of what had been a life changing experience for both Arno and his sister...well foster sister.

Meeting Napoleon had possibly been the only thing that had kept him sane at the time. It had been good working with the other, and finding out that the they were at the same University. It was one thing admiring Napoleon's obvious intelligence and wit, but lately Arno had found it difficult not noticing the older's appearance. Though the other man was actually shorter than the young assassin, he appeared defined and confident in his stride. He had a slightly intimidating aura about him at times, and unfortunately for Arno, he found it undeniably attractive. The more Arno thought about the other's tenacity and sheer passion towards everything that he did, the more he found himself wanting to remain by Napoleon's side. They were good friends, and he believed they would be great allies.

Finally returning from his thoughts, he turned to Napoleon, just catching what the other had said. "You could say that, yes. That...would be an idea. If you wouldn't mind? I find practical things easier most of the time I guess." Arno followed the older's line of sight, glancing at a table near the back of the cafe, thankfully not occupied and slightly less busy.

"I appreciate it", he joined the other at the counter, noticing hesitance as the smaller man ordered. Arno grinned towards the barista, ordering a small latte, two pastries, and a bacon baguette. The other clearly wasn't eating very much, and at this time he should have had breakfast, though it would appear he hadn't, not yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 4:48 pm

"Sometimes two minds are better than one, or so they say. Personally I think it depends on the minds." Napoleon smiled, stealing a glance at the younger man as he began his ordered. It wouldn't surprise him to see Arno eat all that in one sitting, he seemed to be an active young man, but he could see where this was going.

"No problem." Picking up his drink, Napoleon turned towards the back of the cafe, quietly laughing to himself as he made his way to a table in the corner. Getting comfortable, he waited for Arno to join him.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:49 pm

"You make a valid point, it's worth a shot I guess", he smiled as he watched Napoleon go and sit down. As soon as his drink and food was plated up and on a tray, he made his way over to the table, sitting across from the older man.

Immediately digging into his baguette Arno chuckled. "Glad I didn't have breakfast at home today", he tore the baguette into pieces, offering some to Napoleon, along with one of his pastries. "I bought two but I think I'll stick with this one", he motioned to his chosen pastry, pushing the other in front of the older man.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:31 pm

A small smile tugged at Napoleon's lips; he knew that was coming. He didn't much like pity, but food was food and he'd be a fool to turn it down. "Eyes bigger than your stomach?" He teased, giving the younger man a knowing look.

"It would be rude to decline. Thank you, Arno." Pulling the plate closer, he started with the baguette first. "So, this is what breakfast tastes like?" Generally his first meal of the day was lunch or dinner, partly to do with lack of funds and partly to do with being easily distracted.

"Anyway, you said something about needing some help?"
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 12:18 am

Arno watched the other carefully, smiling back awkwardly. "Haha, it would appear so..", he chuckled softly, taking a bite out of his half of the baguette.

"You're welcome, gotta keep you fueled up", he knew the other probably guessed what Arno was doing, and would think it was out of pity, but Arno genuinely cared for the other's well being as any friend would.

"Yes, it's mostly with a writing assignment. I'm....well I'm having trouble with research. I was wondering if you might...be able to help me find some books for it?"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 1:05 am

"Of course. How about you head over to library after classes today? I can help you find something then." This was a nice change from his usual routine, especially since Desiree rarely stopped by to see him anymore.

"So, it occurs to me, I don't really know much about you. Beyond the fact that you sometimes find yourself in unconventional situations. There's got to be more to Arno Dorian than just university and coffee shops." For the first time in a while, the older man was genuinely interested in learning about someone else and what they did. He still wondered why the other was in the museum that night with him, but he pretty much figured it wasn't something he was just going to let slip so easily.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 1:42 am

"Sounds like a plan to me", Arno barely ever spent much time doing anything other than missions and schoolwork. He didn't have many people he considered friends, let alone someone he might actually be interested in past friendship. Elise would laugh if she could read his thoughts, she's always found great joy in his awkwardness and general clumsiness.

Napoleon was different though, he seemed genuinely interested in hanging out with Arno. Considering there weren't many people the younger could count on, this was something entirely new to Arno, and anything Arno found new was dangerous territory. Usually he'd stumble his way through new situations, so this had the potential to end not so well.

He turned his attention back to the older man now, his smile faltering slightly at the thought. "Ah, that you don't. Haha so are we gonna exchange favourite colours?", he chuckled awkwardly, clearing his throat.

"Well, I have an interest in crime, historical and modern. I have a keen eye for that type of thing which is why I'm studying Criminology. I'm practice parkour and a few other things for fitness, and I guess you could say I'm good with my hands". Grinning slightly, he relaxed back into his seat, doing his best not to mention how they met.

He smiled at the other for a few moments, taking in the other's facial features, before realising he might have been staring for a few seconds too long. "So um...how about yourself? Guy like you must have a lot to show for himself. You must be great with the ladies", he paused, realising that may have sounded odd. "I mean well...", he trailed off, stuttering.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 6:38 pm

When the younger man first replied, a small, barely noticeable smile tugged at the edge of Napoleon's lips; he'd never noticed it before, but Arno could be quite charming. It was something to meet someone who was more awkward than himself.

"Fascinating." Continuing with his food, he was taking in what the other was saying. "Modern and historical crime would certainly make for an interesting topic of conversation. As for the parkour, I think I'll leave that to you. Keeping fit is important, but I'm rather fond of my bones as they are."

Looking up, Napoleon noticed the others eyes lingering for a brief moment and without realsing he stared back with a blank expression. Having people look at him so closely wasn't something he was used to, at least not from men. Still watching Arno in confusion, he stayed silent, listening to him stumble over his words.

A few moments passed as he tried to figure the younger man out. "You are too kind, but I'm terrible with women. You should ask Desiree." He sat back a little, smiling as he said her name. "I'm sure she'd say otherwise."
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Feeling bad for managing to spout out utter nonsense to the other man, Arno tried to calm the heat that was rising in his face once more. Elise would let him know that he had royally fucked up where words were concerned once more. It wasn't something Arno could help sometimes, his mouth would work at a rate quicker than his brain could catch up to.

Chuckling awkwardly as his cheeks tinged slightly pink from embarrassment, he tried to focus on the other's replies, nodding and chuckling more at the other's comment on his interest in parkour. "It's a lot more fun than it sounds...trust me"

Arno's eyes scanned the cafe for a moment, trying to take his focus away from Napoleon when the other would meet his gaze. At the older's next reply, he was slightly surprised and maybe a touch more jealous than he was willing to admit to. "Well I wouldn't say too kind, I rarely give out compliments for free, nor would I lie to a friend's face", he smiled crookedly.

Realising his words still weren't forming how he would prefer, he tried to brush his own words, and the other's off. "Haha, but I guess I'll take your word for it. Would she now? She one of your siblings by any chance?", he laughed slightly, knowing Elise could be just as charming.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:40 pm

"Desiree?" Napoleon looked briefly confused. "Oh no, she's my girlfriend. Says I'm more interested in my studies than her."

The conversation seemed to have taken an odd turn and Napoleon wasn't quite sure how to handle it. Arno hadn't struck him as quite this awkward in previous meetings; he had his quirks, but this was different. The more he thought on it, the more he felt like he knew how the women he'd flirted with had felt... Then it clicked. Was Arno trying to flirt with him? The very idea of another man flirting with him hadn't ever occurred to the older man; it wasn't offensive, just not expected.

"Arno, are you.." He trailed off, wondering whether he really should be broaching the subject. Often he'd been accused of being too blunt in conversation, but he could never understand the need to tiptoe fruitlessly around things. Trying to do so with women was what made him seem socially awkward in the first place. Then there was the question of whether the younger man was really trying to flirt with him or not, he seemed a lot more sociable and outgoing than himself.

"Are you okay?" He decided to back away from being too direct, hopefully it would stop the situation from getting anymore awkward. "You seem... Distracted."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Eagle Cafe Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eagle Cafe   The Eagle Cafe Empty

Back to top Go down

The Eagle Cafe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Dark :: The Old Stuff :: RPG threads-
Jump to: