Welcome to the Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch your Back

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The library

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: The library   The library EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:27 pm

An old building in the first built part of the university, very victorian in style.
Two floors filled with wooden book cases and a basement for the stacks. the more modern study library is built on to the back making the building an odd mix of technology and antique.
Back to top Go down
https://assassinsuni.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Sophia had the late shift, it was her favourite. Being in the quiet library after 7pm was always the best time for her to read as most students were gone by 9pm and she could put away all the days returns and sit behind the old reception desk with nothing but a book and a lamp. She was rarely disturbed until 12 when the security guard came by and her shift finished.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Fuck everything. Nothing mattered anymore. Ezio felt unbearable pain and emptiness as he once again found himself aimlessly roaming the campus with no particular destination in mind. Most places were either shut or completely bustling by this time and he certainly couldn’t deal with people right now; all he wanted was somewhere quiet and warm.

Briefly his mind went to alcohol, going to the closest shop and buying a bottle of the strongest drink they had and going to sit on a park bench.. At least that way he wouldn’t be worried about the cold… Or anything else.

Scanning the area, he couldn’t see any shops close by, but he did notice the warm glowing light from the library; perhaps he could get some peace in there.

As he approached the building, he rubbed at his eyes, trying to get rid of any evidence that he’d been crying, but they still looked red.

Entering through the double doors, he peered around, gritty eyes adjusting to the change in light. The large room seemed to be almost empty, apart from a pretty, young woman sat behind the reception desk; which was perfect. On a normal day, he wouldn’t be able to resist flirting, but today he didn’t even spare her a second glance as he made his way to a secluded area with some chairs…

With a heavy sigh, he slouched onto the closest one, resting his head in hands. He had no idea what to do anymore, maybe the drink was a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 8:04 pm

unusually someone walked in, sophia clanced up briefly, not wanting to intrude. she understood the need for solitude. Doing a double take she saw the guys eyes looked red like he'd been crying. Someone had had a bad day. He looked so sad she felt she had to do something, so putting her book down she went over to the coffee machine and made a mug up, grabbed a snickers and wandered over.

She placed the mug down gently and slid it in front of him placing the chocolate next to it. "here" she said quietly, "you look like you need a break. stay as long as you like, i don't close up till midnight. you need anything i'll be at the desk." she placed a hand on his shoulder and turned away.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Just as he’d decided to leave to drown his sorrows, he heard something on the table in front of him, causing him to jump slightly. It was rare he wouldn’t hear someone approaching.

Rubbing at his face again, Ezio looked up to see a mug and chocolate bar in front of him and a woman just turning away to leave. Immediately he recognised it to be the pretty girl who was at the front desk.

“Uh... Th-thank you.” He stammered, completely thrown by her kindness.

That was a point, he’d barely eaten a thing all day.. But… He didn’t really feel up to eating now either.

Taking a deep breath, he slouched back into the chair, picking up the coffee as he slid down; forgetting about that lonely park bench. It was warmer here and getting wasted wouldn’t solve anything.

Thoughts plagued his mind, but he couldn’t make sense of any of them as they all merged into one giant mess. He was there for some time, staring into the now empty mug, tired, both physically and mentally. All he wanted to do was go back to before he noticed his feeling for Federico and prevent this all.. Hindsight was a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 8:26 pm

"you're welcome. There's a sofa over there if you need a kip, the coffee is crap but there's lots of it and it's hot. Help yourself." she went back over to her desk and picked up her book and tucking in to her pack of malteasers carried on reading her 'Inferno'
Sometimes all someone needed was a little kindness on a bad day.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Some time had passed before Ezio started to move again, he'd felt completely out of it, just sitting in the same spot with nothing but his thoughts for what felt like hours.

Stomach grumbling, he frowned, realising how hungry he now felt. Picking up the chocolate, he opened the wrapper and made short work of eating it, not feeling nearly as full as he'd like.

Wondering what time it was, he shifted up, legs feeling numb. He should probably find somewhere to stay for the night, but he had a bad feeling he'd end up on a bench in the park.

Approaching the front desk, with the mug and wrapper, he looked at the young woman with a bit of an awkward forced smile... "Uh... Thank you again.." Throwing the rubbish in a nearby bin, he held up the mug.. "Where can I put this?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Sophia looked up with a smile. She had wondered how long it would take for the guy to rouse himself. he still looked rough and beaten up about something.
"hey, it's fine"
She jerked her head in the direction of the coffee machine, "just leave it there, someone might deign to wash up tomorrow. You going to be okay? Look, i know it's none of my business but if you need somewhere to stay you can use the sofa, I'll just let the security guard know you're here and he'll not bug you, hell he'll probably not even notice." she grinned, "no one else will be about until 8:30 ish in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 pm

"Uh.. Yeah.. I'll be fine. Just some family drama.." Ezio feigned a laugh as he put the mug by the coffee machine as requested.

"I... Really couldn't do that, what if I got you into trouble?.." As genuinely concerned as he was, the thought of having a roof over his head sounded like a god send, he really could do with some shut eye and there was no way that would happen on a park bench.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 7:53 pm

She laughed, "i'm in charge at the moment so you might say i'm the big bad boss!" her eyes twinkled a moment and then became serious.
"i'm sorry to hear that, family is important. Look, no one cares about the library, i know it's only till 8:30 in the morning, but it's better than crashing on a floor somewhere right?"
She dug around in a large canvas bag next to her and pulling out a phone poked out a quick text.
"just told the guard that we have an onsite security tonight so all he has to do is glance in, he'll leave you be. Please, consider it? there's even fresh pasta salad in the fridge, i made it for dinner but wasn't hungry. You'd be doing me a favour, really."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:02 pm

"Well... I guess I would hate to let a lady down.." His smile was a little more believable, regardless of the small amount of embarrassment he felt accepting the offer and admitting his problems.

"... What is your name?.." He was sure he'd remember this woman's kindness for some time, even making a small note to himself that he was sure he'd be flirting if circumstances were different. She seemed genuine and sweet, with a pretty face to match.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 pm

"Great!" she replied with a smile. "you don't seem the kinda guy to steal advanced physics books! I'm Sophia Sartor."
She stood up as her watch beeped, "you're?" she prompted
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 pm

"I don't know what you mean, I love physics.." He laughed.. "Almost as much as I love books.." It was true, he doubted he'd have ever seen the inside of this library if it wasn't for the lack of places he could go.

"I'm Ezio Auditore..." He finally looked at her directly with a small smile.. "I thank you greatly for what you've done for me."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Sophia grabbed her bag
"Hiya, Ezio. It's not a problem, honestly, everyone deserves a break sometimes, especially on a bad day. I'm sorry i have to rush, gotta be up super early for a book fair, if you ever need a chat or anything just stop by and say hi. i'm usually working nights."

she paused a moment before grabbing at something on her office chair. It was a picnic blanket, a generic tartan. "here, this might help make things more comfortable. Take care okay, i hope things work out for you" she lobbed it at him while walking backwards towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:27 pm

"Um... Th-thank you.." Ezio stuttered, realising he'd thanked her more than enough times already.

"Have a good night, Sophia.." He watched her leave, debating for a few moments whether to take up the offer of food or go straight to sleep. As hungry as he was, he just didn't feel like eating, all he wanted to do was end this day and get some sleep.

Heading to the sofa, he laid down, draping the blanket across himself
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:32 pm

"ciao Bello" she laughed and waved herself out
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Twitching lightly in his sleep, Ezio suddenly jolted awake at the sound of his text tone going off.. Damnit, he forgot to mute it last night.

Slightly disoriented at waking up in the library, his eyes darted around, trying to make sure he hadn't over slept, but fortunately, he saw no one around.

Checking his phone, bleary eyed, he suddenly felt sick reading the text he'd received from his dad.... Damnit all to hell... He couldn't bring himself to reply yet..

Sighing to himself, he stood up to stretch, feeling a bit achey from the sofa. He looked a mess; his hair was tangled, his eyes puffy and the marks on his neck really seemed to stand out.

There was no point staying here any long er though, he'd grab a coffee and some breakfast and hope to all hell that this day would be better.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Entering the campus Library, Vieri looked a bit worse for wear, having spent the past few hours having his wounds tended to and generally skulking about.

Finally he'd come up with a genius plan to destroy the Auditore's and he was here to execute it, if he could execute them.

Turning on a nearby computer in a secluded corner, he went to open a blank Word document and set about creating a bright eye catching poster with a large title, "Auditore Incest". Beneath the large title was some more writing "Brothers Federico and Ezio Auditore were caught fucking each other in their campus dormitory." And then went on to state their address and many more vile insults related to their relationship.

Once he was happy with the layout, he brought up the printing option and selected one hundred copies.. He was making damn sure everyone would know by morning, if not by tonight. Their lives were going to be hell.

Collecting all the copies, he grabbed the small roll of sellotape he packed in his bag and stuck one up in an area of the library most students saw before tutors.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:36 pm

Sophia was in early for her shift so that she could do some of her own study before the long night ahead. Making her way to the desk area in the slightly newer open part of the library something caught her eye. Two girls were whispering over at the notice wall. edging forward she read the poster.
"what an evil load of crap!" she was angry that someone could post something like this in HER library, let alone about something so horrible about that poor guy from the other night.
She tore it down and when one of the girls objected she told them not to be such gossips and spreading such lies. She balled the poster up and was about to throw it in the nearby paper basket but decided it was better in her possession so no one copied it or spread more filth.
Disquieted she tried to put it out of her mind and concentrate on her essay.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 12:16 am

This was a pretty typical early morning for Napoleon; sat surrounded by books completely oblivious to the rest of the world. Usually he'd prefer to be sat in his own room, but it was cramped without taking into account the fact he'd let his younger brother stay with him for a while. It didn't bother him really, he'd do whatever it took to help his family succeed at whatever they intended, especially since their father died.

Space wasn't really the only reason he was at the library so late, recently he'd found himself unable to afford as many books as he would like; even to the point that he'd began prioritising them over food and other necessities, but with his brother staying, he'd had to change his ways. It wasn't so bad, the books at the library were free and he could always ask Sofia at the front desk if she could order in some of the more obscure titles he had taken an interest in.. The only issue he had was that he couldn't keep them.

As time went by, he had adopted a table to himself each day, almost always the same one hidden towards the back by the history section; his favourite topic. Various books were scattered over the surface of the table with a few piles stacked carefully beside his chair.

Sat reasonably upright and legs slightly parted, he stared down to the book in his hands. It was on Caesar, one of the men he admired greatly and had already read so much on, it wasn't proving to be particularly educating, but interesting nonetheless.

Sliding his glasses up his nose, he might as well have been anywhere, because he certainly wasn't aware of anything around him.

Last edited by Assassino on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 12:45 am

Walking through the library entrance, Arno smiled slightly, nodding towards Sofia as he walked by. He didn’t need to ask as to where Napoleon could be, knowing exactly which section the other would currently reside. Shuffling through the aisles of books, he finally spotted a desk, covered with various different books. At that desk sat Napoleon, nose deep into a book he’d probably now almost finished. He chuckled as he bounded over to the other, a wide grin plastered across his face. “What’s all this here then? You’re going to burn your eyes out if you carry on this way..”
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:31 am

It was always fascinating to hear each authors perspective on certain historical figures or subjects. Most claimed to be non-biased or entirely factual, but no matter the topic, it never was the case; people would always pick and choose the information they wished to share or felt strongest about. This book, needless to say was the same and hardly the best written Napoleon had encountered on the man.

Deep in thought, he hadn't actually heard Arno speak, but rather saw him from the corner of his eye a few moments later. Finishing the paragraph he was on, he looked up, his hair sticking up all over the place.

"Oh, Arno, did you need something?.." Gently, he placed the open book down, giving the younger man his full attention.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Crouching forward slightly, Arno chuckled. "So invested in your books that you can't even concentrate on anything else now, hmm?"

As a companion, he always had a lot of respect for Napoleon. The man was nothing short of a genius, he had an immense obsession with books and gaining knowledge in anything he became interested in, ensuring his studies were thorough.

Smiling as the other's attention drew away from his books, the younger man's posture straightened again, finding the other's slightly disheveled appearance to be..somewhat cute. Arno knew the older man would be horrified to hear this, let alone realise that it's what he was currently thinking.

"Just thought I'd catch up with you. See how my favourite nerd is."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 4:23 pm

"Oh.. Okay." The brunette seemed slightly taken aback by Arno's sudden appearance and interest in his company; friends weren't something the older man had come by so easily but Arno seemed to be sticking around.

Hesitating briefly, he peered down at the book on the table, taking in the page number and paragraph he had finished on before closing it and placing it on top of a nearby stack.

"I'm fine, just keeping busy as usual. Always something to be done and all that." He smiled as he sat back in his chair, folding his arms. Life wasn't really easy at the moment, but it did nothing to dwell on it.

"How's life treating you, friend?" They hadn't known each other for long, a few months at most, but the younger man had always made an effort to talk to him.
Back to top Go down
GrandAsster

GrandAsster

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:54 am

Arno smiled as he watched the other go through the book he was reading, marking his place. The younger man knew that Napoleon was more of a lone wolf, but he couldn't seem to stay away from the other man.

Other than Elise, his foster sister, Arno didn't particularly have many close friends. Though since joining this University he had already met a few acquaintances, and possibly, he hoped, gained a friend in Napoleon.

"Sounds, interesting...anything specific? What's the subject?", he tried to sound somewhat interested, unsure as to why, though he felt as if he wanted to impress the older of the two. They had only known each other for a short while, though it felt longer considering how quickly they had got on.

He grinned, leaning against the wall as he spoke to the other. "So far so good, you could say. I'm doing well enough in most of my classes I guess. How about you? You seem...a bit hesitant...troubled are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The library   The library Empty

Back to top Go down

The library
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Dark :: The Old Stuff :: RPG threads-
Jump to: