Welcome to the Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch your Back

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Templar Guest house

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Assassino

Assassino

Templar Guest house - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 9:04 pm

“ ’m very much aware n’ I will do what it takes, rest assured.” Knocking back the last of the amber liquid, he placed the empty glass back on the table.

Looking up to the older man as he felt a hand on his shoulder, Shay nodded. “I will. G’night sir…. And.. uh.. Thanks for bein’ so hospitable..” It really was a relief, he hadn’t been quite sure what to expect from a Templar Grand Master, but he seemed pretty easy going, however Shay didn’t doubt for a second that he could be scary when the occasion called for it.

It seemed strange thinking that the artefacts would be in safer hands with the Templars, the people who he not too long ago had stolen from and believed to be the true enemy. “Nothin’ is true; everythin’ is permitted… Do those words still count, I wonder..” He uttered to himself before shifting from his seat.

Heading back upstairs, he entered his room, locking the door behind himself and getting comfortable. Absolutely exhausted, he climbed into bed hoping he’d manage to sleep more than two hours tonight without any nightmares.

Tonight he wasn’t nearly fortunate enough.. Just over an hour had passed and he’d woken in shock and cold sweats. For some time, he just sat there with his thoughts; going over the nightmare in his mind, desperate to find some meaning, but there wasn’t any.

There was no way he would be sleeping again anytime soon. Throwing the covers back, he climbed out of bed and headed towards the bathroom, wincing slightly as he hit the light switch and the room filled with a fluorescent glow. Turning towards the mirror, he studied his reflection, noticing dark circle under his eyes; recently he looked like a completely different person and it didn’t seem to be a good thing.

Splashing his face with cold water, he got himself dressed again and grabbed the keys from the desk before heading downstairs. There was no point staying in and wallowing in self-pity, he may as well get some fresh air and explore a little.

Hesitating briefly before leaving the building, something didn’t seem quite right.... He needed a weapon, he couldn’t wander unfamiliar territory without one, it would be an idiotic move. Quickly he sneaked into the kitchen making sure not to be seen and rummaged about until he found a small knife; not perfect, but it was better than nothing and could still take down a grown man if needed. Slipping it safely away, he headed out to the garages.

As he drove off, it occurred to him that it would probably seem strange for him to be creeping off in the dead of the night, but it was a bit late for that now, he’d explain in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:29 pm

It was already late when Haytham heard the car. A slight smirk lit his face a moment guessing from the sound of the engine that Shay had gone out exploring. Good. He needed to get familiar with his surroundings. Clever man. it was about time they had someone with some backbone and initiative round here. It wasn't as if he would get lost, the tracker on his phone and car would help if he did wander off.

Haytham worked late into the night and it was nearly 2am when the paperwork was done and he could turn to updating his journal. By this time his was the only light left on in the house.
Back to top Go down
https://assassinsuni.forumotion.co.uk
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:41 pm

It was the early hours of the morning when Shay returned to the guest house; he'd spent most of his time driving around and taking in the area, but it had reached the point where it would be dangerous for him to continue as tiredness took over.

Once back in his room, he took his coat, shirt and shoes off before climbing into bed.

Only a few hours later, he woke in a cold sweat which was getting to be a more regular occurence than he'd like to admit. Laying there staring at the ceiling, he tried to shake off the nightmares before he turned to look at his alarm clock; it felt strange to awake in yet another different room. He missed the time when he'd open his eyes in the same room each day, fully rested.... next to Liam.

6:47am. He'd gotten at least 3 or 4 hours, which wasn't too bad. With a sigh, Shay slipped from the bed straight to shower. When more presentable, he headed downstairs to see if anyone was around; the Templars always struck him as early birds.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Haytham was up early as was his custom and in the dining room reading a newspaper and eating a cooked breakfast. Fully anf formally dressed as usual in a deep blue 3 piece suit, he looked every part a businessman. He didn't look up as he heard movement in the hall.
" Good morning Mr Cormac, breakfast is in here if you require it, or the gym is probably free if you need to use it."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Peering around, Shay was looking for signs of life as he heard a familiar voice call him from in the dinning room. Approaching the room, he couldn't help but smile at the older man; it intrigued him as to how he could tell it was him.

"How could you..?" He trailed off, still smiling. He supposed it was probably quite obvious, really, most people had a way of walking or were perhaps already up and out, by process of elimination it could be easy to tell... It was just that most people, even skilled, often failed to notice such small details or to even be alert enough at this hour.

Clearing his throat, Shay continued further inside the room. "Think I need some fuel for the day... And some coffee, preferably an Irish one." He joked as he helped himself to some toast and a black coffee, the thought of anything more turned his stomach, but it would do no good to go hungry.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 7:34 pm

"Holden is out and Lee never gets up before 10am if he can help it. Easy enough to deduct when the only other person it could be is a slim young French lady who likes heels." he looked up from his paper a slight frown creasing his forehead.
"You look a little rough Shay. Is everything all right?" he folded up the newspaper and helped himself to another pouring of coffee and leaned back in his chair expectantly.
"A little early for alcohol don't you think? Or was your night that horrendous?" he didn't want to pry too much, Shay would talk to him in his own time about the more personal aspects of his defection to the Templars.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:59 am

Placing his food down, Shay decided to sit opposite of Haytham, not that he was greatly in the mood for talking, but it would be best to be polite given his circumstance and who he was in company of.

"Everything is fine, sir." Speaking before thinking, the younger man hesitated as he remembered just how rough he looked in the mirror before he'd come downstairs. It wasn't due to lack of effort on his part, he'd showered and shaved before he dared leave his room, but nothing would fix the dark circles under his eyes. Due to tiredness he'd also managed to nick himself a couple of times with his razor and he wouldn't be at all surprised if he buttoned his shirt up incorrectly.

"Well, in truth, I didn't get much sleep." Part of him wanted to confide in someone but he didn't have that someone anymore and he'd have to get use to it. The Grandmaster was hardly the person to start throwing his personal issues at.

"... But I'll fine. 'm ready for whatever you have to throw at me." Tucking into his food, he did his best to come across as self assured and untroubled, which was harder work than than it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:37 pm

"You don't have to be so formal all the time, call me Haytham, almost everyone does. I'm sorry you had disrupted rest though. If there's anything wrong with your room let Holden know and he'll take care of it.As for anything else, please feel you can confide in me, for all the titles thrown about in the Order we're still human beings with limits and it's my responsibility to keep an eye on you."
he finished his coffee but held on to the warm mug.

"I'm here to listen if you need to discuss anything personal or we can find you an uninvolved third party. It might be easier to talk to someone with no involvement.But don't feel that i'm not available or interested in talking to you." The man might be younger than him but he'd been through so much already than was necessary, plus he really did look rough.
"For now at least there should be time for you to rest while we collect intel. You may wish to explore some more, in daylight this time." he smirked very slightly as he'd heard Shay driving back in after his foray last night.
"I'll text you should anything come up. I have a meeting at 10 at the Abstergo labs but i'll be back by 1 if you need me. So if you want to talk now then i have time. Or later perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 3:35 pm

This man kept surprising Shay, for everything the ex-assassin had heard about The Order, the Grandmaster seemed very down to Earth. It shouldn't really have come as that much of a surprise after meeting Monro, he was one of the most genuine and caring people he'd had the pleasure of meeting.

"That is... Very kind of you, si-uh... Haytham." Quickly picking up his mug, he used his drink to hide behind as he took a sip, drawing out the motion as he tried to arrange his thoughts; attempting to push aside the anxiety that had begun to well up.

"I appreciate your concern, in honesty, it's more than I expected, but..." Putting his coffee back down, it took him a moment before he could continue.. "I'll be fine." He forced a smile. "It's just a lot to take in. So much has changed in such a short period of time."

Leaving some of his toast, Shay focused solely on his drink, something told him he'd be needing a lot of it today. "Not much seems to get past you, but I'd expect no less.." The Irishman laughed lightly, hoping to change the topic, but not succeeding. It was a strangely conflicting feeling, as much as he wanted to talk, as much he just wanted to breakdown, he didn't have anyone to trust anymore. If he let himself fall apart now, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to pick up the pieces.

"The only thing I'd really like to talk about is where I can get some weapons." Trying to stay strong, Shay pushed a new topic. "I'm feeling more than a little under-dressed at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 3:51 pm

"Mr Cormac...Shay...i DO understand that this isn't easy. More than you'd realise. Don't isolate yourself while all this is going on. Please." This was a little concerning but not wholly unexpected, he'd call a staff counsellor later on to be on standby just in case the worst happened. Shay seemed strong enough to get through this but he'd known tough men totally crumble in similar situations.

He replaced his mug on the table now it was cool and studied the remains of his breakfast a moment, giving the other man a little mental breathing space. Thoughts of his early life, fathers death, his sisters kidnapping and mothers abandonment flitted through his mind along with the eventual betrayal and abuse by Reginald.After a short space of time that wasn't too uncomfortable he looked at Shay again pushing memories aside with a frown.

"I hope you can appreciate that just handing weapons out randomly to someone recently arrived is a little, errr" he was trying not to be rude and would have hated to be so unarmed himself. "I can't allow you access to the weapons locker. However i wouldn't have you vulnerable. I've read your file, is there anything you prefer? I can retrieve what you need myself if you give me your word you won't do anything...rash."
He slowly stood and rolled his shoulders, it was going to be a long day and he'd been up most of the night with his journals and paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Inhaling deeply, Shay paused a moment taking in Haytham's words. "I understand. I do. It's all just a little too... Fresh at the moment. I'd much rather distraction to wallowing in self pity." He was hoping that with some time he'd be more capable of dealing with what had happened; not that he thought ignoring everything was really going to help, but it felt like the only thing he could do right now.

Clearly the older man had been through his fair share of problems, which was an unexpected and strangely comforting thought. Shay had automatically thought he'd be in this alone and would have to prove himself worthy to The Order, but it's as Haytham said, they're just humans too.

Hesitating, the Irishman completely understood where the other was coming from, after all, he was the newcomer, a supposed ex-assassin with deadly skill and they only had his word on what was the truth.... Maybe he did still have to prove himself worthy.

"Of course... Sorry, it just feels so natural to be armed, I just.. Forgot my circumstance." He'd had access to so many weapons when with the assassins, he could take whatever he needed when he needed it, but now he felt like he had to prioritise, it would be a bit too much to ask for his full kit at the moment. Immediately his mind wandered to his hidden blades, they were lethal, discreet and shouldn't cause too much of an issue...... But that was the equipment of an assassin, not a Templar; he kicked himself mentally.

Subconsciously he glanced down to the other man's wrist as if to confirm what he'd previously thought... Suddenly his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.. "Are those..?" He signalled to his own wrists as indication. "I thought only the assassins armed themselves in such ways."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Absently Haytham scratched at his wrist where a hidden blade was strapped beneath his suit jacket. It barely registered any more that he was wearing one, it had been a part of his life so long.

"Your circumstances aren't as precarious as you think Shay. You are an asset to the order, it is within our interests to keep you healthy and happy. This is only your first real day here, not even I would have access to the weapon locker in the same circumstances, there is procedure to follow and it takes a few days to process. Once it's done you'll have an entry code and your pick of the delights there in. But for now i can only let you have the essentials or it will come to notice and questions will be asked. That would be a bad thing. a VERY bad thing. And so, tell me all you need and i shall endeavour to furnish you with the required items." He placed a hand on the mans' shoulder as a gesture of friendship briefly before regaining formality.

Covering up the assassins blade by pulling his suit sleeve down he made a face, "As for this...It's a long story, one best saved for a good bottle of wine and a quiet night.I completely understand your need to keep busy. After my meeting today i may have a mission for you already. We shall see if it's suitable later. Now, what toys would you like to play with?"
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 pm

"'m glad to hear it." Shay was certain that having been an ex-assassin would mean all eyes would be on him, but perhaps he wasn't the only one. Most likely not when he gave it real thought, or perhaps it was deemed more of a bonus to The Order.

"Sounds logical if you ask me.. It's good to keep track of such things." He could hardly argue with this reasoning when it made sense, Shay always was the odd one out in the Brotherhood; he'd question how freely they'd do things in similar situations.

Nodding, Shay had no intention of prying into Haytham's affairs as curious as he now was. Maybe one day they would have that bottle of wine and share stories; that notion would have seemed ludicrous a week ago.

"If there's a story behind them, I doubt you have any going spare then?" The younger man laughed. "I usually base my personal effects on the mission at hand. Even just a dagger or knife would be appreciated; I'm all for using my surroundings, but that gets messy fast." Having relaxed slightly, a small smile remained on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Haytham allowed himself a small smile at the other mans' words. No, it was unlikely that there would be any spare hidden blades in the locker and his was a one off.
"Sorry, they are few and far between but i can certainly arrange for a set of throwing knives, boot knife and maybe a pistol with suppressor? would that be enough? The weapons are licensed in a round about way and you should just show your new i.d if you're ever stopped by police and they'll identify you as a plain clothes arms officer. Should you get arrested, the same should apply and the Order will post bail if required, my number is programmed into your phone along with Charles Lee, a Solicitor and Holden.Holden is the best to call if you can't get me immediately."

This guy seemed to know his stuff, which was excellent. There were still pages of his dossier to read but Mr Cormac was shaping up to be very interesting. "I don't mean to pry, but were you ever in the military? You have that kind of aura about you."

Haytham took out his mobile and quickly tapped a message in before leaning forward and taking the coffee pot to refresh his cup. sleep wasn't letting go just yet and another coffee was just the thing. He sat down with the new cup of plain brew with a small sigh. "they'll be here by the time you've finished breakfast." and sipped at the mug.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 5:57 pm

"I can well imagine. My rifle and hidden blades were what I most begrudged leaving behind, but I'm sure I'll find replacement in due time." Lifting the mug to his lips, Shay finished up the last of his coffee.

"That sounds like a fine start. You really do have procedures for every eventuality, but I have no plan on gettin' caught. It just over complicates things." The younger man smiled with a nod, it was nice getting off the topic of all the negative things that had happened.

"Oh.. Well... Yes and no.. Not officially anyway." Getting up, he decided to pour himself another coffee before sitting back down. "The Brotherhood back in America are in allegiance with the French Brotherhood, who happen to have influence over their navy... Long story short, I was Captain Cormac until I got shot in the back and left her behind." Appearing to be more relaxed, Shay remembered his ship fondly and doubted he'd get the chance to sail again, at least not any time soon.

Glancing down at the now cold toast, he cringed. "I think I'm done, I've got the important thing." He held his mug in hand.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Well that was VERY interesting. He was used to authority and obey orders but with initiative to go his own way if needed based on judgement and experience.
"I see. I was with the Artists Rifles myself but any more than that i can't tell you." it was news to him about an alliance between the French Brotherhood and and the American assassins. He'd have to report that immediately as the assassins had managed to conceal this fact so far. That was concerning.

"if you like sailing then you should know that the docks aren't far, the Order maintains a yacht should you feel the need for time on the water. Let Holden know if you want to go to the club and he'll give you the boat keys and the membership card to get you through the gates. I used to spend time down there occasionally but i haven't been down in a long time.I heard there's a new acquisition as well as the yacht and a few one man skiffs."

Holden appeared at the door with a large covered tray and making his way quietly to the table placed it down next to Shay and left again.
"There you go Shay, that should help make you feel more comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:54 pm

"Well, you certainly sound like an interesting man, Haytham." The Irishman smiled, sipping from his cup. For some reason it felt strange using the other man's given name; it was never a bother in the Brotherhood, but the Templars had always seemed that little bit more formal and referring to the Grandmaster himself in such casual terms was... odd. Just being so comfortable around him in itself was odd, almost enough to make him suspicious. Fortunately, Shay trusted Monro with his life and if he trusted this man, then he would take his word as truth.

"Oh really? That's music to my ears. I've been sailing since my first breath, or so my father used to tell me." The younger man laughed, genuinely happy to hear that he could be at sea again, albeit on a smaller boat and under another's rules, but at least he could feel the sea air on his face again. "I certainly will have to talk to him."

As if on cue, Holden had entered the room, just as Shay was about to comment on the coincident, he looked down at the tray somewhat confused. Uncovering it, his smile broaden briefly. "Wow, you really don't waste time here, do you. I'd be waiting a fortnight back at home.. Uh.. At the Homestead.." He quickly corrected himself, realising it was no longer home to him; he always felt more home at sea anyway, and that truly belonged to no man.

Inspecting the weapons, he handled them with ease, before beginning to place them discreetly on his body, checking to make sure he could get to them with ease. "Yes. I think this will do nicely."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Haytham noticed the small slip of the tongue. He knew that feeling well. The one of home no longer being that or a place where you could be safe. deciding to pretend he hadn't noticed would probably be the best thing for Shay right now, healing would take time and the wound was fresh. The mans face positively screamed PTSD.

"Not that interesting, just ex-military and more interest in the Order right now." he chuckled at Shays surprise on the speed of his weapons delivery, "It would have taken longer but Holden has little to do until later when the others get up and about. He likes to keep busy. Besides, there's no point in hanging around is there?"
He finished his second cup of coffee as he noticed time was getting on and he still had to drive to the meeting at Abstergo and catch up with a few colleagues including Ben Church. Standing once again he left the remains of his breakfast and began to make his way to the door.

"I'm sorry Shay, i really must dash if i'm not to be late." Before leaving completely he paused a moment, his back to the room.

"I almost totally forgot, we're not without resources in the Order and although we don't pay salaries, we DO provide enough for people to live comfortably. This is only the guest house, you'll need more permanent accommodation. You'll get keys to the town house in a week or so, the deeds will be transferred to your name after your first few missions and after that the property is yours to do with as you wish. The row of houses was purchased by the order and your house will be the last one next to the corner. The end of the terrace is mine but i'll hardly ever stay there as i'll either be here or away.I do hope that you consider us a good choice and decide to stay with us Mr Cormac."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:10 pm

"A very true point." Finally looking up from the weapons he'd just armed himself with, Shay gave the other man a smile. This made him feel more comfortable already, it was odd how being armed had come to feel so natural, but that was the life the Irishman had involved himself in.

"Okay.." Shay watched the older man get up to leave, realising he hadn't thanked him for all he had done. ".. Uh... Thank you for everything." He tried to quickly squeeze in before the other left, only to be surprised by yet more perks of the job. The assassin's had nothing of the sort in place, it had always seemed enough that they had loyalty and cause, even if Shay had questioned that cause more often than not, but it was something, it was a bond.. Or so it was until Achilles went mad.

"This day seems to be improving." He laughed, before continuing. "I think I've already made a good choice, sir." He smiled to himself, noticing the other reverting back to referring to him formally.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Haytham quirked an eyebrow at Shays' comment, "I believe in keeping good workers happy." he checked his watch "I'm sorry but i really have to make a move, keep out of trouble for today and i'll catch up when i get back."
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:18 pm

"See ya later." Shay gave a nod as Haytham left the room.

Not wanting to be left alone with any of the others at the moment, he quickly finished up the last of his coffee. It wasn't that he was scared of talking to anyone else, he simply couldn't be arsed to deal with Lee's shite, he just didn't have the patience for him... Especially not since he was now armed.

Putting his mug down, he looked at his plate and wondered what to do with it. Haytham had just left his, but Shay was so used to doing everything himself, it felt wrong to just leave it.

Stacking the plates together neatly, he quickly left the room and soon the building.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Haytham stood at the door dejected and tired, before entering he visibly straightened and his face became the usual blank mask he wore. Pushing through to the hallway he saw Charles was once again drunk, but this time almost passed out on the stairs. “For god’s sake Charles, get a grip and sober up. Or at the very least get drunk in private. Stop inflicting this upon the rest of us. And I hope to god the French girl didn't find you, I dread to think what you would have said or done.” He hung his coat up on the stand while taking his keys out the pocket.

The greasy man sneered back. “o dear, looks like the boss has had a bad day, o what a pity, did your American whore deny you access to your son again? Or did your new pet stop you from buggering him already? Or maybe he wouldn't bugger you eh?” he giggled like a naughty child at that while staggering over with a leer on his face, “so sad no one wants you, poor Haytham, everyone leaves you don’t they?”

Haytham's fist connected soundly to Charles’ jawline with a crunching sound. “I am not in the mood for your filth Mr Lee, kindly fuck off.” Normally he wouldn't have risen to the bait but today had been a very bad one and this was just too much. “What happened to you Charles?” he said in a quieter voice, “you used to be so self-possessed.”
Lee spat on the ground at his feet, there was blood in it. “You happened to me you fucking bastard, your testimony lost me the promotion I wanted and Washington got it instead. You ruined my life.” He spat again and turned, staggering up the stairs and waving Holden away as he’d come to see what the shouting was about.

He stared after the man, genuinely surprised at the outburst and wondering why this hadn't come up before. It wasn't as if they’d never talked or trusted each other. With a sigh he gathered his belongings and went into the lounge to fetch a drink. If he ever needed one it was now. His hand shook a little as he poured himself a double whisky and downed it in one before helping himself to another and sitting down.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 12:57 am

Finally returning to the guest house, Shay decided to enter through the side door in his best effort to avoid making small talk with anyone; he simply couldn't handle it right now. He was mentally drained, with a headache that could take down an elephant and the waves of nausea still hadn't past. It was a miracle he was still in one piece.

Rubbing his face, he dragged his feet down the dark hallway towards the front of the house where the stairs to his room were. Stopping in his tracks, he could hear people arguing. They were familiar voices, but it took a moment to register who they belonged to. Forcing himself to focus, he could now tell it was Lee and the Grandmaster.

Staying in the dark, he toyed with the idea of just walking past them, that was until Lee had quite clearly brought him up in a vulgar fashion. If that scumbag started on him now, Shay simply wouldn't be able to tell what he'd do, if he was even capable right now.

Deciding it best to avoid conflict, the Irishman leaned against the nearest wall, unwillingly finding himself eavesdropping, he could hear what was being said, but little was sinking in. Although, even with the little mental energy he had left, he felt an unyielding need to put Lee out of everyone's misery.

Hearing people moving, Shay pushed himself from off the wall and went through to the front hall, just to catch Haytham entering the Livingroom. Briefly hesitating outside the door, he couldn't decide between bolting upstairs or stopping for a well needed to drink. Either way, he should probably excuse himself since the older man had mentioned catching up later in the day.

With a deep breath, trying to compose himself, he quietly entered the livingroom. "Bit like that, eh?... I think I know how you feel." He nodded to the glass Haytham had with him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:33 pm

"If anyone else had said that, i would have shot them." Haytham swigged down his second double with a grimace and considered another. Then he had an idea forming. "help yourself to some Shay, you're going to need it." he let his head fall back a moment in tiredness, unable to keep his blank mask in place.

"the meeting today...it was a disaster. Multiple operations went to shit. we received intel today as well. We've lost Monro. They killed him. One of my oldest friends, burned alive..." he briefly considered throwing his glass at the wall but didn't want to scare Shay. With deliberate care he slowly opened his eyes and carefully placed the glass on the coffee table.
He couldn't bring himself to look at the other man, he knew that Shay and George had been close as well and didn't want to see the hurt or pain on his face. He also didn't want to be the bearer of this news and having blurted it out and had it over and done with and been the cruel one.

he ran his hands down his face, "Shay...i'm sorry, i didn't mean to upset you further. There was no other way."  God damn it to hell and back. His mind was working 19 to the dozen and his half formed idea solidified as a way to channel his aggression and his own pain.

"Shay...20 minutes," he pointed to a door on the left of the lounge room,"the gym is down there, have your drink or 2 and then i expect you ready in the provided gym clothes and down there for sparring practice. I'm moving the operations up a notch and i need you up to speed faster than was going to happen. Every day at 9:30 we'll meet for practice, the rest of the time you can spar with any of the other members of the team, however after 9:30 the gym is mine and i'll be expecting you. The team will start arriving tomorrow and i'll introduce you to them at the briefing after breakfast, but for now. Drink and then get changed." He stood and finally looked at Shay.
Back to top Go down
Assassino

Assassino

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:03 pm

"Then for once, I am pleased to be me." Shay joked, but it was devoid of his usual cheerful tone. 'A bullet to the kneecap would probably improve my day.'

With a sigh, the Irishman all but stumbled over to pour himself out a whisky; he didn't think this day could get any worse, but clearly he was going to be proven wrong. Keeping his back to the older man, he forced himself to focus on what he was saying.

The first few comments he found himself brushing off, barely capable of caring, but as soon as Haytham spoke of Monro... He stood stock still, holding his glass in hand, unable to speak... 'Burned alive' The younger man repeated to himself. The person who saved his life after his whole world collapsed around him; took him in regardless of knowing his ties to the assassins and dragged him back from death. Monro gave him a future; he was easily one of the most genuine men Shay had ever had the pleasure of meeting. That man would have done anything to help even a stranger... And he burned alive.

The next words the Grandmaster spoke didn't even register, they were an incomprehensible blur. It felt like he was drowning. How could the world be this cruel? Suddenly his chest tightened as he staggered back slightly, still not hearing what the other man had to say.

Breathing was hard work.. "Who did it?" He was blunt in his words, uncaring or completely unaware of any potential consequences to his actions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Templar Guest house   Templar Guest house - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Templar Guest house
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next